Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A Blogcation


Well, I took quite a spring break from the blog! I do have three pretty good excuses:

1. We're in the process of selling our house, so we've spent hours upon hours over the last few months getting the house move-in ready, for someone else. It has been daunting with two little kids--and two dogs--underfoot, but it will be worth it.

2. I had some major computer problems, so for two weeks I didn't use my computer at all. It forced me to get my documents and photos in order, which involved editing over 1,000 photos from the last nine months! It also forced me to detox on Facebook and all the blogs I follow, which has freed up some time to read books again. In another few days when everything is in order again, I'll be glad I was forced to tackle all of my computer woes and to detox on all my favorite websites, but in the midst of it, I was pretty ticked.

3. Finally, J had a bad case of pneumonia during early April. It was his first serious illness since he left the NICU 3.5 years ago, and it was terrifying. But, you'd never know he was sick now.

I have many ideas for blog posts, and I've missed writing regularly. I also have loads of photos that are finally edited and ready to share. We all need a breather from time to time, so hopefully the blog will benefit from my month-long blogcation.

No comments:

Post a Comment