Thursday, May 15, 2014

More Than You Deserve

I woke up just as stressed this morning as I was yesterday and the day before. I am fed up with negotiating over the sale of our house. This morning, I felt like I was walking around in a black fog.

Then, I heard M in her crib, and when I went to get her, she was sitting in her bed. She smiled her bright, toothy grin and held up a doll. I asked her if she was playing with a toy, and I took it from her. I kissed it and handed it back to her. She pretended to kiss it. I looked at that precious, joyous gift of a child, and I could feel the black cloud lift. I picked her up, and she started patting my back with her little baby hand, as if she was just overjoyed to see me.

Sometimes, having kids is draining. Other times they give you exactly what you need. And some mornings, they give you even more love than you deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment